At Sprouts Childcare we aim to work in partnership with parents to deliver a high quality childcare service for everyone. If for any reason we fall short of this goal, we would like to be informed in order to amend our practices for the future. Our complaints policy is displayed on the premises at all times. Records of all complaints are kept for at least three years. A summary of complaints is available for parents on request.
The manager is usually responsible for dealing with complaints. Any complaints received about staff members will be recorded on an Incident log and a Complaints log will be completed. Any complaints made will be dealt with in the following manner:
Complaints about aspects of Club activity:
• The manager will discuss the matter informally with the parent or carer concerned and aim to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Complaints about an individual staff member:
• If appropriate the parent will be encouraged to discuss the matter with staff concerned.
• If the parent feels that this is not appropriate, the matter will be discussed with the manager, who will then discuss the complaint with the staff member and try to reach a satisfactory resolution.
If it is impossible to reach a satisfactory resolution to the complaint through informal discussion, the parent or carer should put their complaint in writing to the manager. The manager will:
• Acknowledge receipt of the letter within 7 days.
• Investigate the matter and notify the complainant of the outcome within 28 days.
• Send a full response in writing, to all relevant parties, including details of any recommended changes to be made to the Club’s practices or policies as a result of the complaint.
• Meet relevant parties to discuss the Club’s response to the complaint, either together or on an individual basis.
If child protection issues are raised, the manager will refer the situation to the Club’s designated safeguarding officer, who will then contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) and follow the procedures of the Safeguarding Children Policy. If a criminal act may have been committed, the manager will contact the police.
Making a complaint to Ofsted
Any parent or carer can submit a complaint to Ofsted about Sprouts Childcare at any time. Ofsted will consider and investigate all complaints. Ofsted’s address is: Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester M1 2WD
0300 123 1231 (general enquiries)
0300 123 4666 (complaints)